Wednesday, April 9, 2014

plant it: grow it: eat it

I'm starting a new challenge. I am proposing 10 projects in 10 weeks in order to get my garden going. 10 weeks should be enough time to get everything I need set in motion for a bountiful veggie garden. I have several projects in mind already and I'm sure some other needs will surface as I go. So without further ado, 


10 projects 
in 
10 weeks

Week 1, project 1:  

I have contacted the fine folks at Little Rock Urban Farming and I have an onsite consultation booked for tomorrow! I am so excited to have them come and advise me. After 6 years of less than mediocre gardening results, I've decided to bring in experts. The bonus is that their farm is in my neighborhood, so they'll be very familiar with the soil and whatnot for this area. They are coming in the afternoon, and hopefully it'll be sunny so they can see the best spots for planting, etc. I have a long list of questions I want to ask about moving existing shrubs, and placement of certain things. I Can't wait to hear what they have to say.


On another note:

I saw some very inspiring things to make my backyard awesome over at dontpokethebear.com. I may need a tent to hang out in....


No comments:

Post a Comment