Thursday, February 20, 2014

cleanse 1/day 4

I wanted coffee so bad this morning that I just stood and stared at the tea kettle for a few minutes till I got over it.

I made the Life Changing Bread today. I love this stuff. It's just nuts and seeds basically, plus a few other things, and vegan and gluten free. It ticks all the boxes, more than I'm even trying to tick for that matter. MyNewRoots written by Sarah Britton, is one of my favorite blogs and you can find the recipe here. There are so many things I love about this blog. She has the most amazing recipes, they are almost always vegan, she gives substitutions for special diets, and she understands the science of nutrition.

I have the method down as I've made it so many times now. You'll have to get the recipe from her, but here are my pics of the process.

The two things I do differently:  I roughly chop the nuts. I find the bread holds together better for me that way. Also, I use a glass pan, only because that's what I have. She recommends a flexible one and I bet they work great. To get the 'bread' out of the rigid pan, I run a knife around the edge and then I use a flexible spatula and go around the sides and slip it underneath. The it pops out beautifully every time.

It is so easy! Just put all the dry together, add the liquid, and after coating the bread pan with coconut oil, put in the "dough". Cover and leave on the counter over night.




In the morning, I pop it in the oven, first in the pan, then again upside down on the rack.



She recommends waiting till it's COMPLETELY cool and I echo this. It stays together perfectly if I wait to cut it after it's room temp. And I use a really sharp chef knife to cut it. Anyways, if you like it you can see how it works for you.

One last word, if you try this, you will want to be sure to drink your quota of water! It is very dense and  cleansing in it's own way. It's awesome:)

I had so much more to share today, but I'm so tired I keep making typos and it's annoying! I'll have to get to it tomorrow or over the weekend.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! I tried to make this a couple of months ago and it was a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome! i hope it works better for you next time and if you have any problems, just msg me because i have seriously made this more times than i can count and it should work beautifully for you too.

    ReplyDelete