Friday, February 21, 2014

cleanse 1/day 5

I had coffee this morning with a little coconut sugar and it was so amazingly good.

Sigh.

I have figured out a good way for me to get the required amt. of water in, though. I have a glass the size that if I drink 6 and 1/4 glasses of water from it, I'll get my quota. I drank one upon waking. Just chugged it down. In fact, that's how I take them all, like a giant shot that takes 7-10 swallows to finish. I always count my swallows, don't you? I have all but 1 and 1/4 finished now and it's only 9:19 pm! As i write this I'm drinking some red chia tea. I'm not sure if other liquids count as part of the water quota so I'm not counting them unless I get to the end of the day and need them. :)

I also got in my green smoothie. More of the cucumber, cilantro, arugula ( I LOVE arugula) and s&p.

Oh, I also got some greens in (double because I had it for lunch and dinner) when I had some soup.
I just chopped up some arugula and put in bowl. When soup is hot, pour over greens. It wilts them a little but they are often still a bit crunchy so it's a really nice texture and flavor addition.

I made another soup yesterday.

BUTTERNUT AND SWEET POTATO SOUP

cut butternut squash in half long ways and put into a 350 degree oven for about 40 min (until soft), I cooked mine on a jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with edges) and poured a little water in it to keep it from drying out. It worked!

remove from oven when done and allow to cool a bit.

in a heavy bottom pot add:

knob of coconut oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 leek, chopped small

cook until they soften and begin to caramelize, at this point I added about 1/2 cup water to keep them from burning.

next add:

2 sweet potatoes diced
5 carrots, chopped into small pieces
1 butternut squash, use a spoon to scrape out the flesh, it should come out really easily
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
about 20 fennel seeds, use a mortar and pestal to break them up a bit
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp black pepper
sea salt to taste
about 8 cups of water

cook for about an hour, covered, and stir occasionally

once it's done, let it sit for another 30 minutes covered, then using an emersion blender, blend the soup till creamy. You may need to add a little water.






Isn't it beautifully orange? And so delicious with some arugula.....mmmm....



1 comment: