Wednesday, February 19, 2014

cleanse 1/day 3

All I have to say is habits can be formidable foes. I didn't break down and have cheese or anything like that, just not drinking enough water and I can really feel it. For me the symptoms are fatigue and dullness. Plus I had pasta last night with some cooked and some raw veggies, but I think pasta can do that to me too. Sigh. Oh well, chin up, right? Tomorrow's another day and really can't believe I haven't had coffee yet, so that's a huge win! I'm not 100% I won't ever drink it again, I mean really, let's not get too crazy, but I want to go the 10 days.

I had a shot of wheat grass juice while I was at Whole Foods today and I swear I had an allergy attack (itchy eyes, ears, nose) for a couple hours afterwards. Later I heard that the pollen count has been high here, so maybe it was that, but I'm suspicious, because I've had seasonal allergies involving grasses and pollen most of my life, and especially since I've lived in Arkansas. It never occurred to me that wheat grass might trigger that reaction. If anyone knows about that, I'd love to hear from you in the comments. My green smoothie was like the 1st day's: apple, apple juice and spinach. It was refreshing, but not quite as enjoyable because of the wheat grass/pollen reaction.

Tomorrow I'm going to spirilize some zucchini. I think I need a bit more raw added to the mix. (I had some brown rice at dinner with avacado and it was so delicious with just a squirt of Bragg's Liquid Aminos and black pepper. Also, I am making the Life Changing Bread tomorrow and I'll post about that and one of my favorite blogs and veggie chef blogger.

Btw, when I find the need to purchase veggie broth, this is the one I buy:


It's the only one I've found that has ONLY vegetables, herbs and salt. That's it. And they are all organic. The other brands I see around have really long ingredient lists with weird and questionable stuff in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment