Wednesday, March 26, 2014

seeding and potting

In the last few days, I've been repotting plants that have suffered from being inside all winter and seeding for my vegetable garden.

I'm using these handy seeding pods.

it's quite satisfying to watch them puff up in water.

popsicle sticks make good markers.


They are currently in my studio, 3 trays, covered with plastic wrap for a makeshift greenhouse effect. some have already sprouted!

I got a little excited and planted some strawberries in the baskets outside my back door. It's supposed to be very cold the next couple nights so I've got them covered with a towel and I hope they don't freeze. (The potted strawberries are inside tonight, but the baskets are attached to the railing so I cannot bring them in.) I bought them on a whim and I kind of forgot it was probably going to freeze again before the end of April. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment