Monday, February 24, 2014

cleanse 1/day 8

Despite falling off of the no coffee train, and indulging in an glass of wine on saturday AND sunday night, I am feeling AMAZING! Oh, I also forgot to drink my green smoothie yesterday.

Anyhoo, I am starting to think the whole water thing is THE main issue for me, but that said, I have not eaten ONE stitch of food I didn't prepare myself from fresh & simple ingredients and that, I'm sure, played a role. Not one single Dr. Kracker cracker, Akmak, Suzie's thin rice cake or Ryvita. I swear. But I miss them, I'll be honest.

One thing that has helped is having the basic essentials on hand. I almost always have hummus on hand because I make it myself in large batches and freeze it. I have been making hummus for years and it's so easy and WAY better than anything I can buy. And I can know exactly what's in it and play around with the recipe. One day I'll post my recipe and method. It's super easy, especially if you have a food processor and crock pot or slow cooker. The other thing I decided last week is that every monday, I will make a loaf of the Life Changing Bread. Having this on hand has saved me. Did I mention that it freezes really well? I cut it and then freeze it. Just pop in the toaster oven to thaw and/or toast. It didn't event last long enough to freeze last week, since I have been off crackers, but out of the fridge/freezer, my experience is it lasts about 5-6 days, maybe fewer in the summer. Also, I try to keep avacados, arugula, and lemons. Plus the usual suspects like, Bragg's, really good olive oil, coconut oil, etc.....all organic and non-GMO.

this is the one I am currently using and I buy it at Drug Emporium in Little Rock

I have had major brain storms in the studio, which may be a result of purifying the machine, if you will. Did I mention I have another blog? It's a studio site where I update my creative goings on. You can check it out here.

One of my goals is to get my studio and art making as close in line with my overall philosophy for living green and clean, etc. It is very challenging to have a green studio as a potter, sculptor, painter, maker. Art supplies are notoriously toxic and ungreen. Sad face. Not to dwell on the negative, I decided at the beginning of this year to ONLY purchase items and supplies that I absolutely need. For example, I use a lot of paint and if I run out of titanium white, I will have to buy a tube. I have a ton of supplies built up in my studio from over the last few years. I am curious to see what develops just working with the supplies I already have on hand. I already know I will have to replace certain paints, and occasionally buy some large pieces of wood, but other than that, I will use what I have. This will also create some much needed clean out and space in my studio, force me to creatively use stuff I shoved to the back of shelves, and it feels like the cousin of recycle/reuse, whom I love.

I'll definitely keep posting about how this goes.

Btw, I didn't realize this when I bought it, but look closely at the label.....ORGANIC! woot!




No comments:

Post a Comment