Friday, March 14, 2014

name that succulent

I rescued this GIANT succulent from an estate sale about a month and a half ago. I got it for $6 and the people didn't know what it was or even if it was alive. It had not one leaf, and was so strange and stick like, I really had no clue how it would go. Since I am totally obsessed with succulents, I gambled on it. I brought it home and cut off 2 obviously dead limbs and watered it really good and even gave it a little plant food. Nothing. About a month later, I moved it to my studio that gets lots of sun, even in the winter, and about 2 weeks later....



 leaves, glorious leaves!!!

Ok, overall it doesn't look like much, but just wait. I have a feeling it's really gonna do something amazing. Other than grow leaves, which IS amazing. Does any one out there know what kind of this plant is?


On another note, I have decided on my raised bed design, been shopping around and gathering info on pricing etc. I'll tell you about it next time.

Till then, then.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a frangipani Jules!! Don't know if its actually a succulent. I think you guys on your side of the world call it a plumeria. They come out in very fragrant flowers. We have a white one in our garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kylie! i'm gonna be so stoked if it is! gonna do a little investigating and now i have a place to start! can't wait to see if it flowers! eeeep!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete